The August / September 2008 edition is on its way… and as always it’s packed with news, tutorials and reviews for the Yamaha Clavinova, keyboard or organ enthusiast.
What’s new in the August / September edition of Yamaha Club Magazine…
• New Password to Members Only area
Don’t forget to use the new password from August 1st if you want to access our archive and download sections. To enter the ‘Members Area‘ just enter the password in the box provided. The new password, which must be entered in upper case characters (as shown in the magazine) is given on page 4 of the August / September 2008 edition of Yamaha Club Magazine.
• Page 5: New website for Yamaha Club
An overview of the new site – and James Woodcock offers advice about the Members’ Area.
• Page 6: Overture & Beginners (Steve Selwood)
Steve Selwood introduces part four of his workshop series for smaller Yamaha keyboards in which he explores basic sequencing with the Yamaha PSR-S500.
• Page 8: Regi-Stick for PSR-S900 (James Sargeant)
James Sargeant brings news of a Regi-Stick software product for the PSR-S900 – based on the very successful Regi-Stick Plus he and co-demonstrator Richard Bower created last year for Tyros2.
• Page 9: Keyboard Performer (Tony Ross)
Tony Ross looks at Song/MIDI files in part 16 of his workshop series – and uses one of the preset Song examples from a PSR-S900 to shows how to play along and use the Score and Lyric functions to best effect. Illustrations are from the screen of the PSR-S900 – but the method is the same for PSR1000/1100/1500/2000/2100/3000 keyboards, the new PSR-S700/S900 keyboards and top of the range Tyros/Tyros2.
• Page 12: Roger Hagarty’s Workshop
Roger Hagarty creates some ‘Virtual Multipads’ for Clavinova owners in part four of his workshop series. Multipads is a useful feature that has never been included on Clavinova digital pianos – but Roger makes a creditable job of creating a similar effect. See Yamaha Club Magazine for details of Roger’s new software for Clavinova.
• Page 14: Easy Beat Music – Starlight Waltz (by Glyn Madden)
Easy to play sheet music for keyboard, organ or Clavinova.
• Page 16: CLP-380 (Overview by Richard Bower)
Yamaha demonstrator Richard Bower reports on the new CLP-380 ‘Classical’ Clavinova that was introduced at the Frankfurt Music Messe earlier this year.
• Page 18: EL X-plorer (Alex Payler)
Alex Payler continues his series for EL Electone owners with some tips on how to use the Voice Editor to customise sounds. Find out more about Alex at his website website.
• Page 24: DVD Review – You Can Play Jazz Piano – Parts 2 & 3. (Janet Dowsett)
Improve your jazz piano technique with these tutorial DVDs reviewed by Janet Dowsett. (more)
• Page 24: CD/DAVD Tutorial for PSR-S900 and PSR-S700 (Simon Smith)
Simon Smith’s popular tutorial series continues with a new set covering the S900/700 keyboards. More details are available from our Club Shop
• Page 25: Music For You (Janet Dowsett)
Janet Dowsett introduces another collection of music books…
o Great Sports Themes
o The Easy Keyboard Library – James Bond
o Keyboard Favourites
• Page 26: Little Diamond (Glyn Madden)
Part 3: Glyn Madden continues his series based on TTT’s sampled Theatre Organ software for Tyros2 and creates a ‘Yamaha Club Edition’ of the Registration settings. Members can download these from our Archive – No. 43
• Page 28: F.A.Q. (Steve Marsden)
Yamaha UK’s technical guru, Steve Marsden answers more of your technical questions.
• Page 30: ARtiste Series Voice List (Glyn Madden)
A complete voice list – showing the differences between AR80 and AR100 Electone organ models.
• Page 32: On The Record
A round up of recordings featuring Yamaha keyboard and organ.
o Thank You For The Music (Tim Butterworth – Tyros2 twin keyboard setup)
o The Sweetest Sounds (Andrew Varley – Tyros2 keyboard)
o Sway (Andrew Varley – Tyros2 keyboard)
o Vision (Alex Payler – EL900m Electone)
• Page 33: Fun With Audio (James Sargeant)
Yamaha UK Product Specialist James Sargeant has some fun suggestions for using the Audio Player feature now appeaing on many new keyboards and Clavinovas. His workshop – including a supplementary tutorial on converting audio tracks from a CD is available from our Archive – No. 42.
• Page 36: Notebook (Your letters & emails)
o AR100 or AR80?
o Driver software downloads (link).
o Could you be a radio broadcaster? (link to Wrexham FM)
o MIDI bass pedals and Clavinova
o The Empire Strikes Back! Britain’s Got Talent semi-finalist Michael Machell has his say… Watch Michael’s performance – and judge for yourself…
o More Easy-Beat music please…
o Using Mono/Poly voices on AR organs…
o Free CD for Yamaha Club members…
• Plus… New MIDI perfomances from Eileen Lowry and Robert Running
• Have you visited our on-line shop yet? You can now order software, accessories, CDs and DVDs on-line. James Woodcock has provided a beginners guide for those new to Internet shopping.
• Are you thinking about joining us at Alvaston Hall later this year for the annual Yamaha Club Weekend? If so – take a look at our trailer…